The Dark Matter - Keeping things Black on Black
You ask and we listen :)
As our Dark Matter bike has been a raging success for the past few years we wanted to step the bike up by adding a few extras to make it the perfect commuter bike for all or most riders. Plus we've been getting many of our customers asking for a bike with larger tyres and disc brakes to make something bomb proof for all weather conditions. So we did it
The new 2020 Dark Matter Pro will be launched late November 2019
What have we done?
We've beefed everything up! The standard tyres were a 700x23/25. We added gum-walls 700x28c to make things more comfortable and smooth over most terrains and by using a low resistance tyre tread pattern we've managed to keep the bikes DNA alive. It's quick!
New tapered carbon disc ready fork UD + Shimano Hydro lever on a 160mm Brackco MTB rotor. It's tough as nails!
After many test rides we've fine tuned the bike to be an absolute winner. Perfect for bike paths / roads and some light bike trails.
- Frame & Fork: 6061 JRI Track Frame Alloy + Carbon fork/ Tapered headset
- Wheels: JRI Pista/Track Anodised F/30: DB 40mm Deep V. Matte Black, 32 Hole, High Flange Hub, sealed Bearings Rear 24H
- Tyres: Vittoria 700x28
- Handlebars: 31.8mm / 600W JRI Flat bar BLK
- Grips: Black rubber JRI lock on
- Spacers: Alloy BLK 1 1/8
- Stem: 90mm JRI Alloy Black 1 1/8 - 31.8mm
- Saddle: JRI Black Foam / Seat post micro adjust alloy 27.2mm
- Crank: JRI Street Crank with internal BB. 48 Tooth, 130 BCD, 165mm Length
- Chain: Kool Single Speed Chain
- Cogs: Flip flop hub for fixed gear or freewheel. 18T Fixed / 18T Freewheel
- Pedals: VP platform pedals with sealed bearings. Compatible with straps.
- Brakes: Front Shimano Hydro Disc/Brackco Rotor Rear Promax caliper brake included with inline alloy levers
- Graphics: Subtle High polish BLK on matte
- All bikes come with 2x caliper brakes