In development for over two years, the JRI design team were assigned a challenging mandate - come up with a competition-ready frame suitable for both the velodrome and street crits, two very different disciplines. The controlled and relatively predictable environment of the track encourages light, stiff and efficient builds, a sharp contrast to the real world variables/harsh handling environments often encountered in street criterium events where weather, road surface, course design and even the possibility of random handling/storage miscues in the staging area can be a factor. Our head designer was able to sum up the design challenges into a single question - what build can offer the most advantages of a pure track design (light weight, stiffness and handling) without sacrificing the ability to adequately address street crit challenges (durability, reliability, and rider comfort)?
The answer is JRIFixed new 2017 Team Frame.
Featuring our proprietary new UDP (Urban Disruptive Pattern) graphic the new Team Frame by JRI looks as distinctive as it rides. The geometry is only moderately aggressive, a compromise to a more adaptable riding position resulting in gains to the improvisational and off-balance handling often encountered in street course cornering conditions and characterized by tight riding quarters, variable radius turns and the occasional off-camber line. A concession to weight was also made with the decision to go with a high grade alloy fork - reliable, durable and able to take repeated cobblestone spine jabs offering competitors a peace of mind absent of carbon fibre product life concerns.
The new Team Frame from JRI - ride to win in all conditions.
[Test Rider Note: the same things that make this frame great for street crits also make it great for bombing the streets of your favorite urban hunting grounds]
- Frame & Fork: 6061 Alloy + Full Carbon BLK fork raw alloy
- Wheels: Alloy black Double Wall Rim Front:20H, Rear:28H Sealed Bearing
- Tyres: Innova 700x23c Slick
- Handlebars: 31.8mm / 400W Flat bar BLK
- Grips: Black rubber JRI Lock on
- Spacers: Alloy BLK 1 1/8 x3
- Stem: 90mm Alloy Black 1 1/8 - 31.8mm
- Saddle: JRI Black Foam / Seat post micro adjust alloy 31.6mm
- Crank: JRI Street Crank with internal BB. 48 Tooth, 130 BCD, 165mm Length
- Chain: Shimano Nexus Single Speed Chain
- Cogs: Flip flop hub for fixed gear or freewheel. 17T Fixed / 18T Freewheel
- Pedals: VP platform pedals with sealed bearings. Compatible with straps.
- Brakes: Front & Rear Promax caliper brakes included with inline levers
- Decals: Polished frame
- Warranty - Life time Frame/Fork